25 Jan 7 Interesting plastic facts
Do you know the path that plastic has after its use or how it has impacted our planet so far? Today we bring you 7 interesting facts about its useful life, and how it has harmed us in recent years.
- By 2019 a total of 480,000 plastic bottles were consumed.
- Plastic bottles take between 100 to 1000 years to decompose.
- Every minute a million bottles are sold in the world.
- More than 90% of the world’s plastics are produced from fossil fuels
- So far there are more than 5 trillion pieces of plastic floating in our oceans.
- More than 40% of the plastic is used only once and is thrown away.
- About 700 species of marine animals have been reported to have eaten or become trapped in plastic.
That these data motivate you a little to reduce its use or give a second life to all those plastic waste and bottles that come into your life, such as creating bricks from bottles filled with garbage, artisanal gardens for apartments that do not have a garden among many others other uses that you can give it and that will help the planet to recover and not affect itself anymore.